Lilypie

Monday, July 27, 2009

Messy and fussy

Ever since Eshu was some 2 months old, he had this habit of sucking his hand, his index finger and middle finger in particular. We found it funny and wierd as we had always heard of thumb sucking babies. This habit has slowly given way to putting anything and everything in his mouth. He bites and licks everything that comes his way-toys, sandals, slippers, door mat, cell phones, utensils, almirah, doors, latches, knobs, and to the extent his very own clothers that he is wearing. Just anyting. The minutest of the particle lying on the floor might go unnoticed by us, but not by him. I stop him as much as I can and finally when I get tired, I just give up. Much of the blame is put on teething. I guess it could be partly or maybe completely true.


At times, he sreams at the top of his voice for no reason at all. All he gains is the attention of the people around and immense pleaure from the reverbaration of his own voice. Who cares whether it is at home or at some public place. Look at his face at that time. How elated he looks when people look around to see him. A task accomplished.


Feeding him is another uphill task. Just 4-5 spoons full of anything I want him to eat and that is it. After that his lips would be so tighly closed that I just can't put anything in his mouth. Or even if I try, he will blow it off with such an intensity that it will end up sticking all over his face, my face, clothes and everything in the vicinity. After repeated efforts, I stop forcing him, because it doesn't work well for him or for me and leaves both of us frustrated.


Potty training seesions have been so much of a mess, that I have stopped doing them for some time atleast. His new potty seat has been fascinating him so much that he tries licking it as soon as I make him sit on that. I am just waiting for the day when he gets potty trained and at least is able to tell me that he needs to poop. Much of my tasks would be relieved then. I was telling this to my dad and he said, once he starts doing that you would long for the day when he starts cleaning it too on his own. I just smiled. I guess he is right.

And now comes the sleeping time. Eshu has been a very very scrace sleeper, anythime of the day or night. No matter how good I masaage him,feed him ,bathe him ... no matter how sleepy he is, rubbing his eyes vigorously or yawning with a full mouth, he denies to sleep. He becomes extremely cranky at that time but just won't sleep. It takes a lot of time, effort and immense patience to comfort him and make him go to sleep.

The list goes on and on... When I massage him, bathe him, dress him up, feed him. He seems to run away from my grip each time. The bowl of oil fascinates him as I massage him. The mug, bucket and the boby wash fascinate him as I bathe him. The cream /powder fascinates him as I dress him up after a bath. The bowl and the spoon fascinates him as I feed him. He has his hand on everything. The curiosity never leaves him. And, the vast reserves of energy and enthusiasum he carries, amazes me.

Each phase passes by ... leaving back memoies which are mostly sweet. Because the phase in which Eshu is or the phases which just passed by have been full of innocence and ignorance. I wish the ignorance disappers slowly but the innocence remains.

3 comments:

  1. Your baby, no matter how fussy or messy makes your life so meaningful and absolutely wonderful with his existance. isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true... No matter what, he is the most wonderful thing to have happened to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nice :)........I know whatever messy stuff he is doing but u r going to miss all that once he grows up and happy and u have made him learn all that.

    ReplyDelete